Discover and discuss the manliest content on the Web
I was inspired by one of Chet_Manly's parlor threads and was thinking about all of the great resources people reference here on GM that I wouldn't find otherwise.
What books, websites, etc. do you use or have found to be mind-expanding? I'll go first (kind of random):
- Anything by Stephen Covey - The man had such a great outlook on personal development. He wasn't trying to sell a course or anything shady, and basically changed how I look at, well, myself. His seminal classic 7 Habits for Highly Successful People has made a huge impact on my life.
- Today I Learned - Here's a rabbit hole for you. As with most things with Reddit, not everything is great, but a lot of it is.
- edX - I haven't actually taken a course here yet, but it's always been on the "someday" list. Basically, they have free courses from tons of institutions like Harvard, MIT, etc that you can get all the lecture materials and videos, and you can follow along for free. Really, really cool.
- Kindle Daily Deals - The kindle daily deals usually feature a lot of great historical books, and you're paying $1-$3 for an amazing resource.
- Lending library apps - The local library is awesome, and when I can't get what I need there, I can sometimes find it on interlibrary loan. I get a bunch of stuff from the likes of 3M and TotalBooX and Overdrive, which are apps that you can install to utilize free digital books from around everywhere. I think there are probably more out there, but I typically just use those. I'll find lots of business books on there, which is great.