Site

Categories

Oreos

Food Posted by jordan 6 years, 11 months ago

This thread is partially for Chet Manly's comment on Glen's post here. Feel free to add comments debating flavors, but my question is:

Oreos or Joe-Joes? And more importantly Mint Oreos or Peppermint Joe-Joes?

I firmly believe Peppermint Joe-Joes are the perfect sandwich cookie, but I'm always up for trying different cookies, purely for the sake of scientific inquiry.

33 replies

• Chet_Manly

I have to admit, I've never heard of Joe-Joes... (off to edit the shopping list).

And I'm all in favor of rigorous scientific inquiry. Now I can justify my occasional gluttony, for scientific research.

• Chet_Manly

This thread....The Lord's Work. I'll second that.

So, I'm a soggier the better guy, BUT, there is a point of perfection of perfect to be found: Where it starts to get soggy but isn't close to falling apart yet and has just started to absorb the milk... that's when it's perfect IMHO.

I like the mint Oreos but they don't absorb properly. The Peanut Butter Oreos absorb like the original ones do, so I like them. The Oreo/Reeses ones did not absorb so I do t bother with those anymore.

I tried the Birthday Cake Oreos: didn't taste good to me and didn't absorb.

I have heard the Red Velvet Oreos were good but the source couldn't tell me how they absorb, so I haven't tried them yet.

I refuse to eat Oreos without decent milk...skim milk is not proper milk for Oreos.

• glen

I was telling my wife about this thread, and she pointed me to this new flavor that is filled with... wait for it... pop rocks.

I don't know how I feel about this.

• jordan

During my scientific inquiry shopping yesterday, I saw the Firework Oreos at 23rd St HyVee. They also had lemon and birthday cake, but I thought those were a bit of a stretch (mostly since I really wanted to try Red Velvet and they didn't have them).

I got the golden oreos instead for the family crew. For our tastes, the goldens needed a bit of enhancement which we did with peanut butter and chocolate chips.

• glen

Wow, it never dawned on me that I could add anything other than milk to the experiment. I need to process this.

Also: I forgot about the lemon Oreos! Another favorite.

• Razorback

“My dental hygienist is cute. Every time I visit, I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while waiting in the lobby. Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoon's appointments.”

― Steven Wright

• elancaster65

The guy who woos my daughter successfully will have Red Velvet Oreo's.

And will have gotten passed me.

That's how much power the Oreo has in our house.

The Wife will make multiple trips to Trader Joe's for Peppermint Joe Joe's.

That's how much power the Joe Joe has in our house.

Me? Cadbury Royal Dark bar. I'm the odd ball in our house.