Haven't Joined Gentlemint Yet?

Join

The Tacks

Helpful Pages

Discover and discuss the manliest content on the Web

Any cigar fans out there? If so, what's your favorite?

Vices Posted by glen 6 days, 14 hours ago

I'm a casual cigar smoker, and based on some comments from a tack I posted it there are others here as well.

My limit per stick is at the most $10 (a vast number of choices thanks to the beauty of the internet), and here is my favorite:

Oliva Serie V - med-full bodied, rich and delicious all the way down to the nub. It's ~$8-$10.

I usually pick up sample packs and sale bundles to fill out the humidor, though.

4 replies

• Ammon

Go to cigarsInternational.com and look at samplers. My fav's are anything Gurka, Rocky Patel, or Diesel. I like big fat dark ones.

• glen

Yeah, that's a good tactic. Bundles are the way to go for price effectiveness. For example, I picked up a 20-stick bundle sampler of Oliva for about $2.50/stick. Considering their excellent stogies usually run for $8-$11 at the local humidor, that is fantastic.

Recently I set up an alert at SlickDeals for the term "cigar" and have found a lot of bundle deals at various places. Great for loading up the humidor on the cheap.

One other note: I have had the worst luck with Rocky Patel. I don't know if I've ever had a good cigar, in either taste or construction. They tend to turn at about the halfway point. Yet everyone loves Rocky... I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.