Site

Categories

Olympics: Anybody watching? Anybody got a favorite event?

Sports & Outdoors Posted by glen 7 years, 8 months ago

I love the summer olympics, and I get pretty pumped when it comes around. If given the time, I will watch just about everything, but my favorite tends to be swimming.

Anybody else a) watching or b) have a favorite?

7 replies

• trigjoh

Flicking between things at the moment (cricket is in too - hell of a way t spend a Saturday morning :) ). Like you I can watch pretty much anything, though tennis, golf, bball I can give a miss. Excited to see rugby 7s this year.

• trigjoh

Ok just found handball on tv. Have seen handball game live in Sweden. I have to question why handball is a sport let alone why it's in the ply pics. At best it's water polo without water. Any handball fans on the mint?

• glen

Can't say that I am, but giving the right touching backstory about a member of the team or some other human interest story, I'd be locked in.

• trigjoh

Its the one thing that turns me off. the fuzzy lens work, the melodramatic soundtrack, rising from the ashes. If there is anything that puts that cloying, whitewashed hogwash into perspective its the Paralympics. Gotta go mint the trailer for the Paralympics coverage on the UK's Channel 4 (we do now have more than 4 channels). That is inspirational