Site

Categories

Parlor Order?

General Posted by jordan 7 years, 8 months ago

I might be missing something obvious, but is there any rhyme or reason to the order of the discussion topics in the Parlor?

4 replies

• Razorback

I was curious about this as well. It would be nice if active discussions would rise to the top to more easily identify which ones are getting people engaged.

Glen? Brian? Any input you can share?

• glen

Hey guys, great question. For starters, we basically put out a no-frills version of the parlor. We just wanted to get it out there and validate that people would actually enjoy it. So far, so good :)

Right now the ordering--other than the "sticky" posts--are ordered by last comment. So in a sense, it's doing what you're asking for. It's just not very apparent from the front end side of things, which is on me :)

We'll add some tools that make it obvious what's new since the last time you were there, as well as adding recent/popular discussions to other areas of the site as well for better exposure. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for you thoughts on this, and keep it up! We always want to know how we can improve and make things better for you all.

• jordan

I absolutely enjoy it, and thanks for working to develop the site in lots of good ways. I really enjoy being able to use markdown if I want to.

That all makes sense; my brain can stop trying to figure out the pattern. Thanks again for all the hard work.

• Razorback