Site

Categories

A (somewhat) serious question...

Humor Posted by Razorback 6 years, 6 months ago

This is an oddball question but I know the gentlemen here on the Mint are the ones to ask. I feel confident I am not the only one pondering this mystery...

How does one apply Gold Bond Medicated Powder effectively without creating a small blizzard?

There, I said it. Tastefully descriptive suggestions welcome but please, no video. Ain't nobody got time for that.

23 replies

• glen

I've not found a way, and I'm glad you asked because it's one of the reasons that I don't use it often. I like the idea of it (especially in the Summer months), but the unwieldy nature of the stuff has kept me from using it much.

(I like that you classified this in "humor".)

• Razorback

Well, I did not really think there was a good way so I thought I might keep it light. And the gentlemen on the Mint never disappoint when it comes to lighthearted humor.

• elancaster65

No clue. Living in the DFW Metroplex it's a tad bit moister than Northern California. So in the summer-time, I've had to start powdering "the boys". Needless to say, there is usually the aforementioned "small blizzard".

Solution? I wait for the powder to drop to the floor and rub my feet in it to clean it up. Powder does double duty, my wife laughs and shakes her head and I've manly-man solved a problem.

Your mileage may vary. My 2 cents, spend them as you wish.

• Razorback

Saying "the DFW Metroplex it's a tad bit moister than Northern California" is like saying the Amazon rain forest is a "tad bit moister" than Death Valley. :-)

I do run my feet on the remnants that fall into the carpet. Great for the feet but the dust that rises wreaks havoc on the black bedroom furniture.

• Chet_Manly

Not a solution to the problem just a way to minimize collateral damage:

1. Stand in shower, after taking shower, with door/curtain closed.
    2. Hold breath.
    3. Apply
    4. Vacuum bathroom with increased frequency.

I believe there are no problems without solutions; I think it's just a matter of the right person being annoyed enough about it.

(Lol'd literally when I saw the query though.)

• Razorback

A similar solution that has worked for me is to straddle an open commode whilst applying said powder. It does minimize some of the blizzard effect and a simple flush (or two) sends the fallout cascading away to a more appropriate location.

• emtay

I guess I'm the only one who drops the drawers to mid thigh, sprinkles powder into said drawers and slowly raises them back up? That way the floor doesn't look like a pack of Olympic gymnastics live in my bathroom.